TO FOLLOW THIS BLOG BY EMAIL, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW:

Sunday, September 23, 2012

IS THIS ROMANCE?

jennysidebar_button_SAT-2[1][4][1]

I was so fortunate to be able to spend last week at the beach, so I’ve been absent from Saturday Centus, and I’m late getting there this week.  Jenny’s prompt, “Blah, Blah, Blah”, reminded me of conversations between many husbands and wives.

blah, blah, blah[1]

WHAT DID YOU SAY, DEAR?

I know I’m talking too much

I know his ears shut down long ago.

I know he can’t stand such,

But unable to stop, on and on I go.

~~~

It’s good he hasn’t much to say,

Because I consume all verbal space.

He pretends to listen day by day,

As he blankly stares upon my face.

~~~

Though he sometimes nods, and says “ah ha”,

I think that we have become a cliché.

Because blah and blah, and blah, blah, blah

Is what he always thinks I say!

Thank you for stopping by to read my contribution to Saturday Centus.  You can find other contributions at Jenny Matlock Off On My Tangent.  laurie

2 comments:

Lmkazmierczak said...

Blah notes are just the tone deafness of a one sided conversation...you've captured the essence perfectly♫♪

Jenny said...

Ahhhh Laurie.

Even if this is fiction it struck a chord in me.

I remember going to my first Tough Love meeting a long time ago.

One of the tools they taught us was silence.

And that was a tough one to learn.

I still remember the speaker telling us that 'no' is a complete sentence.

And people listen more if you whisper.

I don't apply these principals when dealing with my husband, but perhaps I should once in a while.

ha!

Do you know the Rosi Golan song, 'Say it anyway'?

It's playing in the background while I'm reading and it struck me as a perfect accompaniment to your well crafted words!



Followers

NOTE TO PREVIOUS COMMENTERS: ALTHOUGH I STILL HAVE ACCESS TO COMMENTS PREVIOUSLY POSTED ON THIS BLOG, FOLLOWING SOME REVISIONS TO THE BLOG, PREVIOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT SHOWING ON THE BLOG. I DO APPRECIATE YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENTS SO MUCH, AND I APOLOGIZE THAT THEY ARE NOT PUBLISHED ON THE BLOG.



Thank you so much for visiting (Remember, I'm battling an inner critic, so please be kind!)

Thank you so much for visiting (Remember, I'm battling an inner critic, so please be kind!)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO BARGAIN HUNTING WITH LAURIE

BLOG BUTTON

BATTLING MY INNER CRITIC

Labels