TO FOLLOW THIS BLOG BY EMAIL, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW:

Monday, November 07, 2011

I’M A DING-A-LING!

100wcgu-72[1]

This is my lame excuse for a contribution to the 100 Word Challenge at Julia’s Place.  I THINK that’s where I’m linking (if I can remember how to link up).

ON BECOMING A DING-A-LING

(Prompt:  Lest we Forget)

 

They say “lest we forget”. I ask, “forget what”?

At my age, I can’t remember annnnything!

I can’t even recall what it is I forgot!

I just get by on a prayer and a wing.

~~~~

Remembering where I am is all I can do.

I’m sorry I can’t recall your name,

But now that I’ve reached age sixty-two,

My mind is somewhere short of lame. 

~~~~

I spent so many years cramming into my head

This and that and then one more thing.

I often can’t even recall what I just said.

I guess I must sound like a  ding-a-ling.

Thank you so much for visiting my little blog.  I think you visited. Maybe I’d better go check my comments again.  I’m having some trouble with my memory.  laurie

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I don't know what my problem is, but this forgetting business is agravating me, too! Thanks for the chance to laugh about it.

Rachel Selby said...

How refreshing to have a light-hearted entry - I fear some of us got a bit heavy, which is fine but good to have a smile too. Your memory might be dodgy but nothing wrong with your writing :)

Sally-Jayne said...

This made me laugh! Great poem!

Anna said...

Haha, we all have those "senior moments" when you get to the top of the stairs and forget why you were going up in the first place. Love your use of the prompt. Mine is rather sad - I was feeling that way at the time, but this has lifted my mood. Thanks and well done!

Ventahl said...

Don't think you've lost the plot just yet, Laurie! I walk up the stairs only to forget what I've gone up the stairs for! I'm hoping i'm not alone, but i'm training myself to juggle more than two things at once, which I know, for blokes, is hard :) Must say that you certainly have a knack for poetry, I feel. Like how the prompt became the title and the subject rather than a single line from any poem. Well done. Will follow. :)

Unknown said...

Lovely, I keep getting to the top of two flights of stairs and forgetting why I went up!
Like the others say a light hearted take.

Debbie said...

Adorable!!

And since I'm a confirmed ding-a-ling, I think it's mighty nice to have an ode to one.

Emma@christmascupboard said...

Brilliant! I really enjoyed your light hearted take on the prompt, really good x

Robin Hawke said...

A fellow something or other, what was it, oh, yes, ding-dong!

Love the way you tackled this idea,
Robin

Jenny said...

Wow. What a hard prompt! You did great!

Julia Skinner said...

Well done Laurie! I've got your problem as I've already written this but it wouldn't let me leave it so I must have forgotten how to do it! It is super to see your smiles on the 100WCGU!

Jingle Poetry At Olive Garden said...

Greetings,

hope all is well,

invite you to join poetry picnic today, simply share a relevant or a random piece, and enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Always, your presence is sunshine to us.
Best Wishes!

your talent rocks.
xoxox



Followers

NOTE TO PREVIOUS COMMENTERS: ALTHOUGH I STILL HAVE ACCESS TO COMMENTS PREVIOUSLY POSTED ON THIS BLOG, FOLLOWING SOME REVISIONS TO THE BLOG, PREVIOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT SHOWING ON THE BLOG. I DO APPRECIATE YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENTS SO MUCH, AND I APOLOGIZE THAT THEY ARE NOT PUBLISHED ON THE BLOG.



Thank you so much for visiting (Remember, I'm battling an inner critic, so please be kind!)

Thank you so much for visiting (Remember, I'm battling an inner critic, so please be kind!)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO BARGAIN HUNTING WITH LAURIE

BLOG BUTTON

BATTLING MY INNER CRITIC

Labels