TO FOLLOW THIS BLOG BY EMAIL, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW:

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DID SHE DO SOMETHING BAD?

 

I’ve been absent from this blog for awhile, but I’m trying to get my I.C. back inside that sugar bowl again by linking this post to Saturday Centus at Jenny Matlock Off On My Tangent.  I know it’s a SATURDAY Centus, but it’s taken me until Tuesday to get the lid back on the sugar bowl. Jenny gave us 100 words, plus the five word prompt: “why oh why oh why”.

jennysidebar_button_SAT-2[1]

DID SHE DO SOMETHING BAD?

When your child was born, on that long-ago day,

Did you love her, did you smile, were you filled with fear?

Did your heart break when you gave her away,

Or was she ripped from you while you tried to keep her near?

~~~

What could have happened when she’d turned only three?

What could have led to your child being taken?

Did she do something bad? Won’t you please now tell me,

What caused your child to be forsaken?

~~~

Please tell me why you gave your child away?

Tell me why, oh why, oh why could I not stay?

Laurie

Thank you for your visit.  And thank you for hosting, Jenny, and for letting me drop in with a contribution when I’m struggling to keep the lid on that sugar bowl.  Laurie

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That poem, amazing.

Jenny said...

Oh Laurie.

I am soooo late in reading this...but sitting here now crying for your touching, painful words.

Please, please come anytime.

I wish I could give you a hug...your words really touched a raw spot in my soul.



Followers

NOTE TO PREVIOUS COMMENTERS: ALTHOUGH I STILL HAVE ACCESS TO COMMENTS PREVIOUSLY POSTED ON THIS BLOG, FOLLOWING SOME REVISIONS TO THE BLOG, PREVIOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT SHOWING ON THE BLOG. I DO APPRECIATE YOUR PREVIOUS COMMENTS SO MUCH, AND I APOLOGIZE THAT THEY ARE NOT PUBLISHED ON THE BLOG.



Thank you so much for visiting (Remember, I'm battling an inner critic, so please be kind!)

Thank you so much for visiting (Remember, I'm battling an inner critic, so please be kind!)
CLICK HERE TO GO TO BARGAIN HUNTING WITH LAURIE

BLOG BUTTON

BATTLING MY INNER CRITIC

Labels